- Congressional offices consider making xylazine a controlled substanceby AVMA@Work Editor on January 26, 2023 at 4:36 pm
With illicit xylazine increasingly showing up in street drugs that pose grave risks to human users, government policymakers are discussing making it a controlled substance. The AVMA is closely engaged with congressional offices and committees, working to maintain veterinary access to this important drug.
- Help recognize the best among us: Deadline approachingby AVMA@Work Editor on January 24, 2023 at 1:43 pm
AVMA Excellence Awards nominations are due February 22. Will you help the AVMA community identify colleagues to be considered for recognition?
- New tools help the profession combat cyberbullyingby AVMA@Work Editor on January 9, 2023 at 3:01 pm
Now available to the entire veterinary profession, AVMA’s reputation management toolkit offers resources to help manage your online reputation and handle cyberbullying incidents.
- President’s Column: Animals and people in needby AVMA@Work Editor on January 6, 2023 at 2:00 pm
The American Veterinary Medical Foundation is marking its 60th anniversary with a campaign to raise $60,000 to help veterinarians help each other as well as animals.
- Journey for Teams: Explore and combat unconscious biasby AVMA@Work Editor on January 5, 2023 at 2:00 pm
Our unconscious assumptions affect how we perceive and engage with other people—and that has broad implications for our relationships, work environments, and even patient care.